Heyder & Shears Catering has adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The APPs govern the way in which we Heyder & Shears Catering collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your personal information.
What is Sensitive Information?
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinions about things such as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or medical/health information.
Sensitive information will only by used by Heyder & Shears Catering only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent or where required or authorised by law
Where reasonable and practicable to do so Heyder & Shears Catering will only collect personal information from you. However in certain circumstances we may be provided with information by a third party. In such case we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by third parties.
Personal Information Collected
Heyder & Shears Catering collect personal information directly from you via your use of the website and any business relationship between you and us, including via email and phone calls. The personal information which Heyder & Shears collect and hold includes:
- your name, company, billing and/or shipping address, email address, gender, occupation and telephone number(s);
- information about dealings with Heyder & Shears Catering, including quotes
- opinions and beliefs provided via surveys and questionnaires.
If you do not give personal information to us, it may affect our ability to provide you with products and/or services.
Where we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter, we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each time we engage with you however we will provide you with an opportunity to opt–out of receiving communications about that matter within each of those communications.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Heyder & Shears Catering will only use or disclose personal information for the purpose for which we collected it, where required or permitted by law or where you have consented to such use or disclosure. The main purposes for which we may use or disclose personal information include:
- conducting competitions or promotions;
- investigating or addressing a request, enquiry or complaint you have made;
- providing you with news or information about our products;
- sending marketing or promotional material about our products or offers that we consider you may be interested in;
- Sending e- communications including newsletters and blogs
- maintaining and keeping our records up to date and accurate;
- verifying your identity.
We may state a more specific purpose when we collect your personal information.
You can easily unsubscribe to Heyder & Shears Caterers communications at any time you want by contacting us at email@example.com.
Security of Personal Information
Your personal information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When your personal information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, Heyder & Shears Catering will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information. However where appropriate certain personal information is or will be stored and kept for a minimum of 7 years where required by law.
Access to your Personal Information
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) NPP 6, you are entitled to access personal information held by Heyder & Shears Catering about you on request. This is subject to certain exception which includes:
- Where providing access would be unlawful
- The enforcement of laws relating to the confiscation of the proceeds of crime,
- In the case of health information – providing access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual or
- Providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals or
- The request for access is frivolous or vexatious or
- The information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between the organisation and the individual, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings.
If you do wish to access your personal information, please put your request to Heyder & Shears Catering in writing. In order to protect your personal information we may require identification from you before releasing such information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
Heyder & Shears Catering will take reasonable steps to make sure that personal information it collects or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
It is important that you advise Heyder & Shears Catering at the earliest opportunity of any changes/corrections to your personal information such as change of address, contact details etc so that our records can be updated and/or corrected.
Where it is lawful and practicable, Heyder & Shears Catering will provide individuals to option of not identifying themselves when entering transactions with the business.
Enquiries and Complaints